Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chalk

There are so many ways to use chalk!! The possibilities are simply endless. I had fun one afternoon and here are some things i came up with.

I used chalk on this basic grey scalloped chipboard circle and heart which really gives a soft velvety finish.













I used versamark to stamp a butterfly image on this Jenni Bowlin chipboard butterfly. I then rubbed pink chalk on the stamped versamark. After that I restampled the same image in black ink overtop for detail. I defined the edges of the butterfly with black and pink chalk. I wanted to change the color of one of the white felt butterflies, so I chalked it to give a pink hue. I also rubbed chalked around the border of white scallopped paper to define the edge for a smoky feel.















I used my paper piercer to make a butterfly trail and chalked over top to make it stand out.













On this layout i didn't use patterened paper! I created my own background with chalk. The layout has a picture of my son drawing chalk on his face, so i wanted to use chalk somehow on the layout. I dipped a sponge dauber in versamark and made a polkadot pattern and then chalked over with a green chalk. I used the same technique for the swirl and the word "fun".















These are only a couple of the things you could do with chalk. I have only "chalked" the surface. haha. Some other ideas could be using chalk to change the color of a letter sticker to customize your layout or using chalk to customize the color your your flowers, the possibilities are endless! Try it and see how fun it is.

2 comments:

The Selman's said...

I haven't taken my chalks out the cupboard for a long time! Thanks for the reminder and great ideas Linda!

Jennifer said...

I love the butterfly - nice work Linda!