Saturday, February 28, 2009

Acrylic!


I have found myself using more and more acrylic. I love the versatility. I love that you can chose to keep it as is and not lose objects under that particular embellishment. I had an idea of basing a wall hanging from a large scallop frame from the Fancy Pants Transparent die cuts. I painted the frame pink on it's backside, white on the front and then proceeded to add a grungy feel by using different textures for adding other paint colours over the white paint. I used cardboard, bubble, wrap and a paint brush. I painted a piece of styrofoam black and covered it in mod podge to use as the base. I added a clear star also from the Fancy pants transparent die cuts pack which was perfect for hanging a Making Memories love notes metal charm (just attached the jump ring around one side of the star). Other supplies Basic Grey micro chip alphabet letters, Heidi Swapp Center of Attention alphabet letters, MM ribbons, Tim Holtz grungeboard.

2 comments:

Trace Geworsky said...

I LOVE this..I think you should do a class on it..I would sign up:)

Jennifer said...

Very cool Kerri. Love the different textures!