Saturday, January 31, 2009

A kit layout & alcohol inks

One of the things that I always love about kits is how easy they make it to pack for a crop, or to just get a layout done quickly. This layout uses the February kit:



















I decided to give the transparency edges some definition, and to repeat the red edges on the swirl by applying alcohol ink to the edges. I used Ranger Alcohol Ink in Cranberry, with an alcohol ink applicator to rub ink along the edges of the transparency. I also used the alcohol ink to update a supply basic (American Crafts metal photo corners in Cream) by dabbing alcohol ink on the surface. I love the way that the edges are darker, and the coverage has a distressed look. I also love that I don't need to worry about the ink smearing or rubbing off on either of these smooth surfaces.

No comments: