Friday, January 23, 2009

Crazy about chipboard!

Chipboard has always been one of my favourite page elements, so I couldn't resist picking up one of these Maya Road cupcake chipboard sets. It's just perfect for birthday cake layouts!

In this layout, I used Basic Grey patterned paper, Maya Road chipboard, a Tim Holtz Paint Dabber, Tim Holtz crackle paint, and Glimmer Mist. Because there is a lot of pattern on the paper, I kept the design simple. I added some journaling, a chipboard title, and the cupcake embellishment.

I used a variety of techniques to customize the chipboard elements on this page. I applied a thick layer of crackle paint to the title, covered the cupcake liner piece in coordinating paper and sanded the edges, and painted the cupcake white. I sprayed a light mist of glimmer mist onto the painted cupcake top, and a heavy spray onto the heart.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

super cute layout Shauna. I like the little details.