Monday, August 11, 2008

Something old, something new


This layout features the tag that I created using chalk & stamps for the August newsletter. This was one of those occassions where I started a layout with an embellishment. I loved the way my tag turned out, so I built the page around it... mixing new and old elements.

I selected this sheet of Dream Street paper because I thought the touches of dark blue, and the greenish design worked well with the colors on my tag. To unify the color theme, I added a few red Prima flowers and used a blue SEI rhinestone brad in the center of one. The photo that I used is also about a year old ;-)

Of course, I couldn't create a layout without digging into some of the great new products that have been coming out... so I added a Fancy Pants transparent title & hearts. I tried a new technique with these. I wanted to give them some color, and I had the perfect red and green Tim Holtz alcohol inks to go with the paper, but I wanted a different effect than I usually get using the applicator. So, I decided to try dropping the ink directly onto the plastic. For the words, I tilted them around until I got a fairly solid coverage of ink. For the hearts, I dropped dots of red and green onto the hearts (it's harder than it sounds to get nice dots). I also added a new Tim Holtz journalling tag to the layout.

Thanks for looking! I challenge you to combine new and old on one of your layouts this week!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautifully done Shauna!!! Your tag works so beautifully with your layout!!