Tuesday, July 29, 2008

July's altered item

July 30, 2008
Trace Geworsky
I don't know about you, but I have soooo many extra blank or ruined cd's laying around my house.
I was thinking of what to do with them rather then just toss them, so I covered the top with cardstock(you could also use patterned paper) and adhered using mod podge, trimming the excess paper off with a craft knife.
I added some dry wall tape, which I coloured purple using Making Memories paint, and letter stickers(Sassafras??)
I didnt want to add very heavy embellishments because then the magnets may not support the weight, so I added 2 Making Memories flowers, and a button to each centre.
For the final touch, I doodled around the edges, and added magnets to the back.
I would love to see what you come up with for your used cds.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Nice job Trace!!! I definitely can relate to all the cds around the house! What a great idea!!!

Sunny Lynn said...

GREAT idea! I also like recycling and CDs are everywhere! This is really cute. I'm gonna lift your painted drywall tape, that's AWESOME! TFS!